22 Best Car Cleaning Products & Car Wash Soap (Review & Buying Guide For 2019)
Whether you’re a certified car enthusiast or not, having the best car wash products can help you achieve the ultimate gloss your car can have.
Inevitable that your car’s paint job will start to get dirty, dull and lifeless from the dirt and grime accumulated from the road.
To get it back to its formal shine, you have to give your car a good wash.
So, in this article, we’ll explore:
- Best car wash soap
- Factors to consider before buying a car wash soap
- Best car interior & exterior cleaning products
- How to wash a car?
- 5 important steps when washing your car
- How to wax a car?
- Can I use shampoo to wash my car?
Best Car Wash Products & Car Wash Soap
Best Car Wash Soap
You should not simply use any household cleaning agents like dish soap, bath shampoo or any similar kind to wash a car.
A car shampoo will serve you much better as they are specially made not to damage your car’s paint job. Hence, it’s vital to get an appropriate soap for car washes to use only.
However, to get a car wash job done well, shampoo is not the only thing you should get. You should also get some cleaning accessories as well.
Hence, we’ve compiled a list of the best car wash products for you. All these products have good ratings as well we high customer satisfaction.
1. Aero Cosmetics Wet or Waterless Car Wash Wax Kit
- SIMPLY THE BEST WATERLESS CAR WASH. Gently...
- Highly performance Aircraft Quality Wax for...
- Water Based - Alcohol & Ammonia Free. Our...
- Kit includes 1 full gallon of Wash Wax ALL, 1...
Aero Cosmetics is a high-quality car wash that can be used both as a traditional wet or innovative waterless car wash.
This car shampoo has a plant-based formula that is free from alcohol and ammonia, making it biodegradable, eco-friendly, and safe to use.
It is a wash and wax type of car wash which means that it can protect and enhance your car’s glossy finish.
This high-performing product is used by the military, corporate, and private airlines so you know it works really well.
2. Meguiar’s G7164 Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
- Rich and luxurious car wash designed to wash...
- Premium formula offers rich foaming and...
- Ultra-rich conditioners reveal color and...
- This Gold Class car wash is safe on all paint...
This Meguiar’s car wash is one of the best car wash products that are easy to use since you only need to do one step.
It is designed to clean and condition your car simultaneously.
The Meguiar’s Gold Class shampoo is gentle and its advanced formula can cleanse your car’s surface without stripping any of its wax.
The car wash is mixed with ultra-rich conditioners that keep your paint bright and looking its best.
It’s also very effective when it comes to removing road grime and other contaminants.
Plus, it comes foam cannon ready so you can choose whichever application you want.
This product also comes with a 1-gallon packing.
3. Mothers 05664 California Gold Car Wash
- Careful balance of powerful cleaning and care...
- Balanced pH for added safety even with...
- Super-sudsy formula resists water spotting
- Designed to shine without removing wax
This Mothers car wash is specially designed to remove dust, pollutants, and grime from your car’s finish without stripping off the wax protection it has.
Its formula has powerful cleaning properties that prevent your car’s paint job from fading and dulling.
Plus, the car wash’s mix easily resists water spotting. It also has a balanced pH level so that you know it’s safe to use regularly.
You should also check out these other products, as well:
4. Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss Concentrated Car Wash
- The slickest citrus based wash formulated to...
- Citrus base, hyper concentrated wash gloss is...
- It has biodegradable formula that out...
- Fast penetrating citrus aided lubricating...
- Contains about a gallon of wash in the bottle
- Designed as 2-in-1 shampoo and a conditioner
- Features a citrus-based solvent to ensure easy scratch free rinsing
- Deeply conditions the car to outshine most waxes
- No artificial colors or additives
5. Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo -pH Neutral Soap
- ✅ WHY CHOOSE ADAM’S CAR WASH SHAMPOO? -...
- ✅ SAFE ON ALL VEHICLE SURFACES; INCLUDING...
- ✅ IMPROVE YOUR AUTO DETAILING ARSENAL or...
- ✅ BUILD A CAR WASH KIT - Adam’s Car...
- Has long lasting suds that create a thick lather
- Gentle on all surfaces and pH balanced
- Uses advanced polymers and cleaners for a lubricated feel
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable
- Effectively clean without damaging the clear coat or the wax
6. Meguiar’s G17748 Ultimate Wash & Wax
- CLEAR COAT SAFE: Carnauba wax and synthetic...
- DEEP SHINE: Leaves a deep, glossy, just-waxed...
- AMAZING SUDS: Incredible sudsing action...
- PAINT MAINTENANCE: The perfect way to clean...
- Packing of 48 ounces of product in each bottle
- Use Camauba and synthetic polymer technology clean and protect the paint job
- Ensures a deep, wet look and glossy shine
- Foaming has deep cleansing properties to penetrate and clean effectively
- Compatible with a wide range of waxes and washes
7. Turtle Wax T-472R ICE Smart Shield Technology Car Wash
- Put 1 Fl Oz. of Turtle Wax ICE Car and...
- Rinse with clean, cool water and dry with a...
- Thickest, best shining wash for cars and...
- Synthetic blend of shine enhancers gently...
- Packing of 48 ounces of product in each bottle
- Neutral pH ensures no swirl marks or water spots are left behind
- ICE Smart Shield Technology ensures a strong invisible barrier against further dirt accumulation
- Special glossing agents intensify the shine and color
- Rich lather ensures proper cleaning of the paint
8. Griot’s Garage 10866 pH Balanced Car Wash
- Maintain paint care perfection bucket after...
- Creates an eruption of rich, slippery suds
- Made from concentrated premium ingredients
- Produces a head-turning, streak-free shine
- Packing of 64 ounces of product in each bottle
- Special brighteners intensify and maximize the shine and color of the paint job
- Formula safe to use on all types of surfaces and finishes
- Its pH neutral environment ensures delicate waxes and seals remain intact
- Produces a streak-free shine
9. Turtle Wax T-79 Zip Wax Liquid Car Wash
- Packing of 64 ounces of product in each bottle
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable formula
- Carnauba Wax ensures high shine and gloss
- Foaming action ensures rich and thick lather
- Can be used for a variety of surfaces and finishes
10. Chemical Guys Maxi-Suds II Super Suds Car Wash Soap and Shampoo
- Extreme suds all purpose super foaming...
- Removes grime and dirt safely without...
- Very easy to use in and out of the sun
- Formulated with water softeners to reduce...
- Packing of 1 Gallon of product in each bottle
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable formula
- Safely washes your car without stripping wax or sealants
- Formulated with water softeners to reduce streaking
- Can be used on all weather condition
11. TriNova Foam Cannon and Gallon Car Wash Soap Kit
- BEST IN CLASS - Unlike generic foam cannons,...
- THICK FOAM - loosen the debris, grit, and...
- EASY TO USE - just snap on to any...
- VALUE - A few ounces of soap is enough to...
- Packing of 1 Gallon of product in each bottle
- Thick form easily penetrate and loosen the debris, grit, and grime
- Come with a foam cannon
Also, read this article for further information on no rinse car wash. Learn more about its eco-friendly benefits as well as well as its convenient features.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Car Wash Soap
It’s vital to consider the following points so that you can pick a car wash shampoo that is right for you:
Some car wash soaps can have strong smells and that can be a problem for some skin allergy buyers and breathing problem patient like asthma. If possible, get the scentless option.
However, a sweet smelling one like cherry or lemon will be pleasant for most customers.
Water Spot and Streak Resistance
Many car soaps tend to leave behind streaks, swirls, and water spots. These can make the car paint job less appealing and look dirty.
Make sure you buy a car shampoo that can offer a quick-drying solution.
pH level is the scientific formula determines the acidity or alkalinity of the product.
Car wash soap that is more to the alkaline side is better at breaking up dirt and grime of acidic nature.
Be careful if the soap leans towards high pH level or low pH level. Either of these sides can burn your car’s paint, wax, coat and you!
Car shampoo that offers a high concentration is better as the form can last longer.
Forms are the one that does the cleaning of dirt and grime from the car paint.
A good mixture ratio would be 1 ounce of car wash liquid for 1 gallon of water.
Most car shampoo packaging comes in ounces divisible by 8 such as 16, 32, 48 and 64.
Value for Money
The money you pay for your car wash soap should be equivalent to the amount you are getting.
We recommended you to larger packing like the 1-gallon pack as it gives you the best value for money.
Eco-Friendly and Biodegradable
The water that use to wash your car will go to the storm drain and eventually flow to the sea.
So, it makes sense if you buy the car soaps that is eco-friendly so you do not pollute the sea and earth.
Ensure you use biodegradable detergents.
Suds is good for car washes. The more the marrier.
A soap that develops a thick and rich lather is more efficient in suspending dirt particles from the surface without additional scrubbing.
Less scrubbing will reduce the chances of damaging the automobile’s surface.
Ensure the soap you use has long-lasting suds that will not flatten in the bucket.
Equipment Needed to Wash Your Car
You will need the following equipment when washing your car:
- Two buckets: First one it to fill with soapy water and the other with clean water for rinsing use.
- Hose: When you are done washing the car, rinse off the soap.
- A Washing Mitt: The best cloth to use for washing a car is a microfiber washing mitt. It fits your hand like a glove, literally, and prevents any abrasion.
- Foam Gun: A form can let you spray thick lather directly on to the car quickly so you can wash efficiently.
- Grit Guard: A grit guard can prevent loose contaminants from accumulating onto the wash mitt each time you rinse.
- Drying Cloth: Don’t simply use a piece of rug to dry your car. The best is to use a waffle weave microfiber towels.
Best Car Interior & Exterior Cleaning Products
The exterior of your car isn’t the only part you should clean. Your interior is just as important.
The fabric of your seats like leather and vinyl should be conditioned for maximum comfort.
Your windshield should remain streak-free for better visibility and safety. And so on.
Here are a few recommended best car wash products for the car interior and exterior you might want to check out:
1. Vacmaster VFB511B 0201 Beast Series Professional Wet/Dry Vacuum
- 5 Gallon Polypropylene Tank
- 5. 5 Peak HP High Efficiency Motor
- Integrated Hose Storage
- 18' Cord with Cord Storage
The Vacmaster is an excellent choice of vacuum for when you need to clean your carpets and car floors.
It has one of the best suction power and airflow characteristics that allow it to clean even the toughest of jobs efficiently.
It features an integrated premium hose, utility nozzle, car nozzle, wet foam filter, fine dust cartridge filter, and many more.
Plus, it has convenient air and noise diffuser, so the sound doesn’t annoy you too much.
It can even reach up to 25 feet so you can go farther and around your car.
You can also use this vacuum for tougher jobs like cleaning your whole garage if you need to.
Also, this vacuum can be used to clean up liquid as well.
2. Nextzett Cockpit Premium Interior Cleaner
- ✅ Cockpit Premium is not just a quick...
- ✅ Use on armrests, the dashboard, steering...
- ✅ Contains sun-blocking agents for...
- ✅ Great for wiping down leather surfaces...
The consoles in your car need their cleaning as well.
This cleaner for Nextzett does a pretty good job for airplane cockpits so it will surely do as amazingly on your car interior.
You can use it on armrests, consoles, the dashboard, and even the steering wheel.
By cleaning off the dust and dirt from your car parts with this product, you’re protecting it from further damage.
This cleaner also has sun-blocking agents that protect your car interior from harmful UV rays.
It’s also shine-free and anti-static. Plus, it smells like a citrus fruit.
3. Invisible Glass Premium Glass Cleaner
- CLEAR DRY FORMULA: The Invisible Glass CLEAR...
- CONVENIENT SPRAY BOTTLE: This 32 oz. spray...
- AMMONIA-FREE: Our unique Invisible Glass...
- MADE IN USA: Proudly American-made, you can...
The importance of cleaning your windshield cannot be stressed enough. It’s your central viewing system.
You will need a clear windshield to see everything that’s happening while you’re driving.
This glass cleaner not only cleans your windshield and windows, but it can also clean other glass surfaces like your side-view and rear-view mirrors.
It’s also residue-free, ammonia-free, and tint-safe so you won’t need to worry about streaking.
You can even use it on glass doors and tables in your house.
Aside from these, you can also look into more unconventional products like:
4. Leather Milk Leather Restoration Kit
- GIVE YOUR LEATHER SOME TLC - Our...
- HOW IT WORKS - First apply our Straight...
- PREMIUM CONSISTENCY THAT'S NON-STICKY AND...
- ONLY LEATHER CARE RECIPE TRUSTED BY...
5. Amaziing Solutions Pet Stain & Odor Remover
- GALLON FOR YOUR CARPET CLEANING MACHINE!...
- YOU’LL NEVER HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THAT...
- DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME SCRUBBING YOUR CARPET...
- THE MOST ESSENTIAL ACCESSORY OF EVERY PET...
6. Chemical Guys Microfiber Scratch-Free Wash Mitt
- Premium scratch free car wash mitt: Keep your...
- Extra plush & absorbent: You wouldn't wash...
- Double stitched elastic cuff: Tight fitting...
- 100 Percent machine washable: When you are...
7. SuperClean All Purpose Degreaser
- SuperClean dissolves grease on contact and...
- Industrial strength, yet biodegradeable and...
- Use powerful SuperClean cleaner-degreaser at...
- Every bottle is a full strength concentrate...
8. Premium Wheel Brush Water-Powered Turbine for Rims
- THE ORIGINAL WATER-POWERED CAR WHEEL BRUSH:...
- INTERCHANGEABLE HEADS: Includes two wheel...
- STRONG TORQUE: The water-powered wheel...
- GO BEYOND THE WHEELS: The wheel cleaning...
9. Mothers California Gold Clay Bar System
- Removes embedded grains of metal, tree sap,...
- More pliable and not as stiff as other clays;...
- Regular use provides a long lasting benefit...
- Adds depth and clarity and leaves paint...
10. Turtle Wax Microfiber Towels, 12-Pack
- Includes (12) Large 14"x17" Premium Blue...
- Plush Microfiber Towels are soft and gentle...
- Provides scratch and swirl-free, high shine...
- Versatile towel can be used wet or dry, with...
11. Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel
- Advanced formula engineered for extraordinary...
- Delivers serious wet black shine that last...
- Rich, durable gel coats for a smooth, even...
- No messy overspray
How to Wash a Car?
Using a hose to spray water on your car and scrubbing a sponge down its length are just parts of the whole car washing process.
There’s a lot of tips and tricks in between that can help you learn the best way to wash a car.
Dirt buildup can act like sandpaper, wearing down and weakening the paint. Dirt can mix with rain and other pollutants, etching paint right off. Other things, like sap and bird droppings, will ruin your paint even faster. – Farmers
For example, adding a grit guard at the bottom of your soap bucket will help trap whatever tiny debris that gets stuck in your mitts. Why is this important?
You can unknowingly scratch your paint with the miniscule dirt left on your applicators.
Another example is washing your wheels first. Any splashes of dirt on your wheels that will get on your car’s body can be cleaned away if you start with your tires first.
You should also start from the top of your car all the way to the bottom. By starting at the roof, all the dirt and pollutants will wash down easily.
Read more on How to Wash Your Car or watch this car washing video to learn more about the proper ways of car washing.
You can also check out Best Way to Dry a Car to find out how to properly dry your vehicles and discover some excellent products that can help you along the way.
5 Important But Simple Steps When Washing Your Car
The two-bucket method is the best way to practice when washing a car. It will prevent any streaks or swirls.
Fill one with soapy water and the other with clean water to use for rinsing.
Follow these simple steps by Car Bibles to get a professional looking wash job:
Step One: Wash your car wheels and tires first using a cleaner as you can easily wash off any dirt later.
Step Two: One of the best car wash products is the Wash Mitt. Use a wash mitt to pick up the soapy solution from the bucket and start lathering it on to a different section of the car.
Step Three: Dunk the Wash Mitt into the clear water bucket to ensure no loose contaminants are picked up. Wring it.
Repeat Steps Two and Three until your whole car is covered with the soapy water.
Step Four: Use a Hose to rinse out your car and wash off the soap thoroughly. Ensure there is no nozzle on the hose and the water can flow freely.
Step Five: Take a proper drying towel and start hand drying the car as it prevents any water spots.
How to Wax a Car?
Now that you know more about car washing and some of the best car wash products to get, you can further your knowledge by learning something about waxing your car.
After all, car polishing and waxing are the most known procedures when it comes to car detailing.
After having your car washed and dried properly, check if your paint needs polish.
Polishing a Car
A polish can remove light to medium scratches since it’s made up of fine abrasives.
You wouldn’t need to polish your car regularly. Once or twice a year is enough.
The best car polish can effectively get rid of light damage for an extended period of time.
Wax a Car
However, waxing should be done regularly, at least every three months.
Not only does a car wax give your ride the most amazing shine, but it also provides durable protection from pollutants like UV rays and ugly water spots.
You can also look at Best Car Wax to discover the best waxing and polishing products in the market right now.
Can I Use Shampoo to Wash My Car?
You might have heard of the warning about using liquid detergent on your car.
Laundry detergent and dishwashing detergents contain fine abrasives that might be good at removing pesky problems like tree sap and whatnot.
But it can also leave ugly scratches on your paint. It’s best to use soap or shampoo specially formulated for vehicles to prevent this sort of thing from happening.
But, if you really want to save money, is there anything from your house that you can already use as an alternative?
Why not try your bath shampoo?
Shampoo is a great household cleanser you can use to cut grease and grime on the body of your car. – WikiHow
A bath shampoo is created to remove the dirt and grime from your own body. The ingredients used in it are gentle enough for use on your car’s finish.
If you want to be more vigilant, you can always use baby shampoo since it has even milder ingredients mixed in it.
Of course, only use bath shampoo when you really have no other choice. Bath shampoos are still primarily made for human hair and not car paint.
You will still find many other benefits (and probably better results) if you use car wash soap/shampoo.